Sunday, February 20, 2011

A leg up, a brain down.


             All right, lets get strait to the point; this week during class we added the pelvis… I think. You see, this is the part of the semester where things, including days and weeks, start to meld together. So here is what I think happened last week, if not, here is a recap. We started adding in the pelvis this week, which from the front looks like a strange “U” shape, this takes a while to get use to. From the back it looks like what most people would think the front side would look like, at least that is what I thought anyway.
            On the topic of the pelvis, it seems that the pelvis and the rib cage are rarely angled in the same direction. Generally when we stand the rib cage leans forward and the pelvis back, this is so our spinal column doesn’t have to take our full weight straight down. I was actually quite shocked by this, and it totally throws me off sometimes when I am trying to draw. We now have several things for us to remember, such as the spinal column, with its many parts, the ribcage, and its strange fore shorting egg, and now the pelvis, with its different angles and drawing styles. Over all it doesn’t sound like a lot I suppose, but trust me when you have the amount of drawing experience and skill that I have, not overwhelming amounts, it is a lot to put down in 30 seconds.
            As for goat man’s update, my clay manikin, he just got a dull, oily new set of leg muscles, as will be shown right. To follow my trend of clay building, on purpose or accident I still haven’t decided, he has fully ripped leg muscles. I feel that if my clay manikin were a real creature he would be a scary predator. Anyway thanks for reading another weeks post, and I will update in a week.

2 comments:

  1. your muscles look wayyy ripped and shiny haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. 30 seconds definitely doesn't seem very long when you have to draw a mid line, rib cage, and the pelvis. Essentially when your trying to get the proportions right! For me 30 seconds didn't even seem long when all we had to do was draw the mid line because there are so many angles to capture. I am guessing that we will only be adding more to our gesture drawings as the semester continues so i hope I can keep up!

    ReplyDelete