Sunday, February 27, 2011

The calm before the...week.


Well this week has felt like a ramp up to a jump over the Grand Canyon, simply because next week is a good portion of our midterms. This means studying, tests, and more specifically for this class, reflection. There will be more on that subject in the next post though, so look forward to that. To get on track with this week, there was a lot of manikin building and drawing to be had, as par normal. I don’t remember specifics of details each day in drawing however, but there are some landmarks that pop out. For example, I wouldn’t consider my self a Da Vinci by any regards, but this Wednesday I felt rather good about my drawings. There was one in particular, that I will show probably in the next post for reasons that will be explained later, that I was rather proud of.
On top of feeling a little more confident in drawing, there have been several muscle additions to our friend the goat man, my clay manikin in case you forgot. I have to admit the plastic boney manikin and I have come a long way from when we started out together at the beginning of the semester. This week my manikin, were it alive, might be able to walk…almost. We added the hamstrings onto the thigh, and some below the knee leg muscles. With these additions the manikin is really starting to look like a model of the muscular system, simplified at least. I always feel accomplished whenever I add a new group of muscles, whether or not they are right.
Well I apologies for the scatter-brained post that this one has turned out being, I find my self-being under the weather this weekend, and thusly haven’t been thinking too fluently. On that subject I think I am going to go rest up so I can be healthy for this next, probably intense, week.

2 comments:

  1. I think my manikin is starting to look more complete as well! I finally figured out where all the leg muscles attach to the bone and how they interact with the surrounding muscles, which was something I was struggling with before. I always like working with a new group of muscles because it makes it easier to understand what is happening under the skin and therefore easier to translate this to a drawing. With this said I am starting to improve on my drawings as well. However, sometimes I get carried away and start to forget about all of the underling structure that we have been taught and leave it out of my drawing. Something I think I should work on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are improving with your drawings as well, you should be more proud of your work. I always feel accomplished too when we finish a set of muscles, it always amazes me how our bodies are composed of so many complex muscles. And the goat man is extremely.. buff.

    ReplyDelete